A Blood Red Sky. Part Five.

Chapter Three


When I got home, I went to Hannah and said “Can I paint my room?”

“No.” she said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“We don't have time, or money to buy paint and paint your room.” said Hannah.

“Fine. Hey! What if I use my acrylic paints!” I said as the idea hit me.

“Well, you have enough paint to paint your room that way. Go ahead.” said Hannah. “But I'm not painting it again.”

“Thanks!” I said. I ran upstairs and took out the paints. I picked up the paint-roller and started to paint my wall with blue acrylic paint. Once the blue was done, I used purple. Then green. Then pink. Then red. Then orange. Then white. Then lavender. And so on until my entire room was painted with different colors. I laughed at my room and started to paint little squiggles on the walls and swirls and stuff. It was really fun. The most fun I'd had in a very long time.

Once I was all done, I did my homework. Then I went Dragon hunting. Dragons like the beach best, so I walked along the beach. I took off my shoes and slung them over my back.

“Here, Dragon, Dragon, Dragon. Come on. Come to Magistra Sanguis.” I muttered under my breath. It was seven o'clock and I was heading back home. Though, I had already killed a Dragon earlier today, so maybe they wouldn't bother me until tomorrow.

I soon saw a Dragon lurking about the water. I walked over to it and killed it.

I looked around and saw Dell in her room, watching me. She saw me and looked away. I bit my lip. I had a really bad feeling. I ran home and yelled “Hannah! Can I have a friend over for a sleepover tonight!”

“Sure! Tell her we'll feed her!” yelled Hannah from the kitchen.

“Okay!” I yelled. I ran out to Dell's house. I knocked on the door and a lady with Dell's dark brown answered.

“Hello?” she said.

“Hi. I'm Rebecca Jones. I go to school with Dell. I was wondering if she would like to have a sleepover tonight?” I said. “We won't stay up too late.” I added.

“Oh. Okay. DELL!” Mrs. Clemons called into the house. I heard “What!” come distantly from upstairs.

“A friend wants you to go over to her house for the night! You wanna go?” Mrs. Clemons called.

“Who?” called Dell.

“A girl named Rebecca!”

“Sure! Let me back a bag!” Dell called from upstairs.

“Why don't you come in? It'll take her about half an hour for her to get ready.” said Mrs. Clementine.

“Oh. Okay.” I said, taken aback. I walked into the house. It was a lot like our house, but more cozy. I smelled cookies from the kitchen and I smiled. I could tell that they where chocolate chip cookies, like the ones Mom used to make before she got too sick.

“Can I call your mom?” asked Mrs. Clemons.

“No. You can call my sister instead.” I said.

“Mom out working late?” she asked.

“No.” I said sighing. I straitened my hat as Mrs. Clemons said “Do you have any other siblings?”

“Yeah. Two brothers. I'm the youngest in my family.” I said.

“Would you want a cookie?” she asked.

“I wouldn't say no.” I said with a smile.

“Come on.” said Mrs. Clemons. She took out a few freshly baked cookies and put them on a plate.

“Want some milk?” she asked.

“Sure!” I said as I bit down on a cookie. It was very good. I savored the flavor as Mrs. Clemons put a glass of milk next to me. I polished off the cookies and milk and Dell came down.

“Hi, Becca. I'm ready to go whenever.” said Dell.

“Okay. My sister offered to feed you, but her cooking's not the best. You might want to eat here.” I said with a smile.

“Nah. I ate already. It's okay.” said Dell.

“Okay then. We can go. Thanks for the cookies and milk. They where excellent.” I said.

“Any time, dear.” said Mrs. Clemons. “Bye, Dell.”

“Bye, Mom.” said Dell. Her mom kissed her on the cheek and we walked to the door.

“And here's my room.” I said to Dell. She opened her mouth and said “Whoa. That. Is. So. COOL!”

“I know, right? Just did it today. It used to be just white.” I said. Dell put her stuff in a corner and said “I wish my mom would let me do this.”

“Yeah. My sister let me.” I said with a sigh.

“Dinner!” called Hannah.

“You can come down if you like.” I said to Dell.

“Sure, but I'm not going to eat anything.” said Dell.

“Good thinking.” I said. We walked downstairs and Hannah said “Hi! You must be Becca's friend. Well, I have an extra place on the table if you wanna eat something.” said Hannah.

“Nah, it's okay. I ate at home already.” said Dell.

“Oh, okay. Guys! Dinner!” yelled Hannah up the stairs. “Dave! Logan!” I heard a thumps upstairs and I said “Have a seat, Dell. They usually take a while. Oh, dude! Hannah got Chinese food!” and I served myself some food.

“Well, maybe I will have some.” said Dell smiling.

“I should invite you here more often! Hannah rarely ever orders in!” I said. I pushed a dumpling into my mouth and started to eat. I saw Dell put some food on her plate and I smiled.

Once we were done, we went back to my room.

“So, what's this talk about you and Dragons?” asked Dell.

“Uh, you really want to know? Most people I meet never talk to me again once I tell them.” I said.

“Come on! Please? I really want to hear it from you! I've heard rumors, but it's not the same!” said Dell. I sighed and said “Fine. I'll tell you. But you can't tell anyone. Okay?” I said.

“I promise! I won't.” said Dell.

“Okay then. I have always been able to see Dragons. Until about a year ago, they didn't bother me at all. They were simply there. But then they started to attack me. Mom got worried about me. I was worried about my family. The Dragons have been threatening them for a year. They poisoned Mom.

“When I found out about Fairies, they told me everything. About Dragons, types on Dragons, and most importantly, how to kill them. That thing I have on the beach? It's a trap for them. It's food with poisonous berries in them.” I said. I told her all about Fairies, Dragons and the Sight. Dell didn't interrupt or anything until I was done. Then she said “You've been keeping this all to yourself for a year? Why didn't you tell anyone?”

“Who would believe me?” I asked.

“I do.” she said softly. I looked at her and said “That's exactly what I needed.” and I gave her a hug. I looked at the time. It was eleven o'clock.

“Dell?” I asked.

“Mm?” she said.

“Do you have any nice clothes with you?” I asked.

“No. Why?” she asked.

“Because the Fairy Queen invited me to a ball and I want you to come with me.” I said. Dell looked at me and said “I don't have anything with me.”

“It's okay. You can borrow something of mine. But we'd better hurry.” and we ran to get dressed.

“It's eleven thirty. Let's go.” I said. We crept out of the house slowly and I made sure I had Stella Ensis with me, as usual. I got to the portal and took out my key. I unlocked the door and pushed it open.

“Okay, go in.” I said to Dell. She went in and I went in behind her, locking the door behind me.

I looked around the garden of the world, but it was wrong. Fire and smoke came out of trees and bushes.

“Get down.” I breathed to Dell. “Stay by the door and don't move.” and she got onto the ground.

“I'll be back.” I whispered and before Dell could say anything, I had run off to the palace.

Dragons were everywhere. They tore up trees, killed Fairies and I stood there in the doorway. I took out Stella Ensis and killed them all in the room. I ran to the Queen's room and said “Majesty! Are you all right?”

“I'm fine, but we need to get out of here.” said the Queen. I nodded and I said “I have a friend with me. She is waiting my the door.” and the Queen and I went back to the door.

I saw Dell sitting there and she said “Rebecca! Let's get out of here! The Dragons have passed by twice already!” and I said “You actually saw the Dragons?”

“Well, duh! Either Dragons, or dinosaurs, Rebecca.” said Dell. I took out my key and unlocked the door. We all got back to my house and went to my room. I locked my door behind me and took Dell by her shoulders and said “You saw them. Are you sure? You really saw the Dragons, Dell?”

“Yes!” said Dell. I let go of her and said “I'm not crazy. They really do exist.” and I looked out the window.

“I was kinda half hoping they didn't exist. That I really was just making it all up. But no. You can see them too.” I said quietly.

“How long have you been able to see them?” asked Dell. “I can only see them once in a while.”

“For as long as I can remember.” I said. I thought about it for a moment. Yes, I had been able to see them for as long as I could remember. It was only recently that they had decided to kill me.

“Why do you think they want to kill you?” asked Dell.

“I don't know! That's the problem. I think it was because the Fairies made contact with me for the first time. Maybe they discovered I was a threat. I don't know, Dell.” I said with a sigh. “Let's get back to my house before Hannah realizes we're gone.” and we ran back to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment